Saturday 19 February 2011

Running

  My legs are pumping, right, left, right, left, every step is a another mountain climbed on my journey through the park. As I run through the park viewing the world before me, ideas are bounced around in my head like a six year old in a bully circle. School is on my mind, along with ladies, and the events previous to now. I feel relaxed as I flip through my memories, viewing them like a hawk looking below, as they come to me with relief because I notice how my life has only kept getting better...

  I am getting close to the end of my run and as I get closer to the finish I feel shots of adrenaline jetting through my veins as pain has become nonexistent... Slap, slap, slap, and I am finished... my body feels tense as my legs light on fire and all pain becomes apparent. At that moment I question why I put myself through such pain. I think it is because the joy I feel while running is worth any pain after.

  Maybe life is like a run in that you feel joy more and more through out life and death is the ending of the run where you question why but realize it is worth it, that life is worth dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment